Happy, err, Tuesday. Is it possible having fewer responsibilities makes you less responsible? I kind of refuse to admit it to myself, but I think I am far more efficient with more things on my to do list. Sigh… Pretty sure my to do list will pick up here shortly! In the mean time, trying out some new recipes to bring in to the rotation!
Well, none of those pictures looks particularly note-worthy, but they were actually pretty good. Starting with top left…
- Salmon with creamy spinach? Abe used the recipe off the TJ’s package and then didn’t measure any of the spices! I think I overdosed on nutmeg. Will not be repeating.
- Chilaquiles! Healthified! We hosted a get together Friday night and had TONS of leftover tortilla chips. Cue chilaquiles! Blended 1 can roasted tomatoes, 1/4 of a red onion, 1 green bell pepper and 3 cloves of garlic (in my bad a$$ Ninja!), then simmered for ten minutes, mixed in chips and cracked 4 eggs in pan “covering” (with tin foil because we don’t have a lid – so sad) and cooking until eggs reach desired doneness. Topped with guac and feta cheese. Good dose of veggies and tasty!
- Mushroom and thyme chicken with roasted asparagus – I improvised on the recipe and realized after the fact that the broth (that I didn’t use) was crucial. My bad. Flavor was good! Will be giving this recipe a second chance.
- Okra, chickpea stew. VERY tasty 🙂 Abe nailed it, and I’m willing to bet he didn’t even measure any spices… (see salmon entry above, except this one worked)
- We also ate nachos, which was NOT on the plan, because I was too lazy to make whatever I did plan. Too lazy, even, to take a photo of it. But, it was the first time I made them in the oven and they were quite delicious!
Meal Planning with Astrid (the Orchid)
- Chilaquiles (inspiration, my way: above)
- Enchilada casserole (inspiration) plus salad
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggie Green Curry (recipe)
- Chicken sausage, kale and quinoa casserole (recipe)
- Beef and broccoli (recipe)
- Lentil burgers (inspiration) and sweet potato fries
I made brownies *just* to eat the batter. Don’t worry, I used a chia egg so it was safe to eat raw 😀 Also pictured, chicken sausage/truffle gouda (omg!) lettuce wraps, grilled diBella sandwich (treat after my drug test for work – spoiler: I passed), bean/egg scramble in a leafy burrito, brownie batter + banana + PB microwaved for 20 secs, chicken sausage/broccoli/egg scramble plus Challah bread leftover from get together.
Enjoy the last half of your week! Scooby and I have been snoozing in the mornings because we can! And then visiting Abe for lunch on the law quad because we can.We live a life of leisure… for now!