So food prepping the peanut butter chocolate balls last week was a good idea. Like really good. They were the perfect, chocolate-satisfying dessert that filled me up and kept me from eating all.the.balls. This week I also prepped like a boss, but forgot to take any pictures. Boo.
The main excitement was cooking a whole chicken in the crock pot! Certainly an experience, but one that doesn’t really allow for lots pictures or phone grabbing. Cooking meat (especially a whole chicken) makes me germ-nervous so that took up a majority of my concentration. That, and the fact I was holding a whole raw chicken that felt strangely human like. Urgh. Chef-up, woman!! But, I did it! And now we’ll have shredded chicken for dayzz. I’m planning on using a majority of it for chicken tacos so I followed this recipe, but used taco seasoning and paprika to dress it.
Back to the balls…
This week, I wanted decadent, chocolate-y balls that used cranberries, could serve as a healthy-er dessert and used dates instead of honey. This is what I came up with:
Cranberry Chocolate Oatmeal Balls
makes approx. 7 palm sized balls
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- water, until sticky
- Place oats in food processor and process until ground into a chunky flour.
- Mix coconut oil and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- Add melted coconut oil/chocolate chip mixture and dates to food processor. Process until well combined.
- Stir/loosen any packed parts of the mixture, and resume processing, adding small amounts of water until mixture becomes sticky.
- Add cranberries and chia seeds to the food processor and pulse until just combined.
- Use your hands to form balls and store in refrigerator or freezer.
Yum.yum.yum.yum! I love these! I hope you do too 🙂