Two nights in a row, whaa whaat!! Go me!
First of all, I took my good friend and co-worker, Molly out to the barn with me tonight! She rode Preston for the first time 🙂 It’s always fun having some company out at the barn! Scooby said “Who is that on my horse!?”
After reading lots of blogs, I decided I wanted a muffin pan. So I got one. What was the first thing I baked in it, you ask – veggie meat muffins. Maybe one day I’ll actually bake stuff, but for now I prefer to spend my calories on cheese rather than muffins.
I got the idea from Instagram, via Lindsey, and was thinking of individually-portioned-meatloaf that conveniently bakes faster while I was making this. It’s kind of an experiment that worked out, but still needs to be refined. Do with it what you will!
Also, they look really ugly. I need to work on that…
Veggie Meat Muffins
- 1 lb of 90-10 ground beef
- 3/4 cup of “riced” cauliflower
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of milk
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Mix all ingredients except vegetables and ground beef together.
- Add ground beef, cauliflower, carrots, bell pepper and onion to mixture and thoroughly mix with hands.
- Portion mixture into muffin tins using a large spoon.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 until middle of muffins is 155 degrees.
The flavor of these muffins was really nice, I just think the consistency needed to be a little more meatloaf-like. Next time (there will be a next time!!) I will either add breadcrumbs or almond meal to thicken the loaf OR add another egg, because the one I used was teeny-tiny to bind that much stuff. To be continued…
Any other ideas of what I shoulda/coulda/woulda changed?