Good morning and Happy Monday! I chose to embrace the time change and wake up an hour “early” to go for a run. I’ve tried to run before work once before and it was so dark I immediately nixed that idea. But with the time change its not only light, but it feels like I’m waking up right on time 🙂 Scooby heard my early alarm go off this morning and started squirming around which made my decision to get up and go so much easier. He had enough enthusiasm for the both of us!!
He was not happy with me, I dragged him back outside after getting home from our run. He wanted breakfast!
And now onto the eats…
Recap on last week:
Last week’s dinners:
Starting top left, moving CW:
- Dinner at Cafeteria 15L (see below). Just a simple (but tasty!) cob salad.
- Homemade salad – Chicken, feta, tomatoes, cucumbers over greens with balsamic vinegar and olive oil (the salad pictured was Abe’s). It never gets old!!
- OMG! Abe’s lentil creation!! Kale, green lentils, tomatoes, curry powder, cumin and onions– ah-mazing!!
- Oakland A’s scramble 😉 Green beans and yellow bell pepper sauteed with onions, eggs and cheddar cheese.
- Not pictured- cheese and crackers. Didn’t really feel like eating dinner on Friday night because I ate such a big lunch.
With a special dinner out with my aunt in Sacramento!
Abe got Chicken and Waffles (he was stoked), my Cobb salad, Jenna’s chicken with butternut squash risotto and our s’mores dessert!! So tasty and fabulous company 😀
- Canned chicken chili with cheese and tortilla chips from Sutter Creek
- Monster salad with feta, cucumbers, tomatoes and garbanzo beans over greens.
- Leftover lentils!!!!! YUM (also had a salad on that day which is not pictured)
- Cheddar and Broccoli frozen quiche (from TJs) and salad with tomatoes, artichokes, feta over greens.
A little vague, but we’ll make it up as we go.
Corresponding shopping list:
My grandma gave me the idea for the kale, barley and sausage soup so we’ll see how that goes!! Also, try #2 for the cauliflower pizza. I was prepping it last night and had a total DOH! moment as I realized last time I made it, I didn’t double the recipe like I should have *facepalm* I had twice as much cauliflower but same amount of egg and spices. That could possibly be why it crumbled last time… sigh.
Have a wonderful Monday!!