Ooooh its Monday again. We had a very nice weekend (that I hoped would never enddddd – but it did 😦 ) with my grandparents in Sutter Creek, CA. I’ll have to sort through all my pictures and write up an adventure post all about it. Lots of food, fun and CHEESE was had!!
With such a busy weekend (we didn’t get home until 6 PM last night) there was no Sunday food prep, but we were smart enough to plan ahead and meal plan for this week, last week. We’re having dinner with my aunt in Sacramento tonight (so much LOVE in NorCal lately!!) so that gives us a little bit of a buffer. Anyway, onto the foodies…
Recap on last week:
How bad did we mess up last week?? Check out Meal Plan #6 to see.
Last week’s dinners:
Starting Top Left and traveling CW:
- Grilled Rainbow Trout in a butter, parsley and lemon marinade with a side of TJ’s frozen veggies (Fire Roasted something?) Abe’s creation and quite delicious!!
- HUGE spinach salad with sauteed mushrooms and onions, tomatoes, feta and a fried egg. We tried a new dressing from (where else…) Trader Joe’s called Goddess Dressing. It has some veggies in it and it was pretty good. We’ll see if it grows on us.
- Cauliflower rice and TJ’s frozen shrimp stir fry. So good! I processed the cauliflower to make it “rice-like” while I was cooking the frozen stir fry per the directions. I nuked the cauliflower for 2 minutes, then threw it in the pan with the stir fry. I think next time I would cook the stir fry in the pan, set it aside and cook the cauliflower seperately (but in the same pan) and then top the cauliflower with the stir-fry. Overall it was a pretty well seasoned (with just the packets that came with the stir-fry), but I did add a little bit of soy sauce too. We will definitely be making cauliflower rice again!!
- Friday dinner in Sutter Creek… “Caprese Chicken” — just disappointing. Stay tuned the recap of that dinner….
- TJ’s Sundried Tomato Chicken Sausage with sauteed bell peppers and onions. A good ole’ standby. We actually watched The Walking Dead while eating this…. sausage and zombies — NOT a good combo.
I also made an effort to plan for lunches last week which was highly successful! Here are a few:
Salsa Chicken (its hidden in there somewhere!!) with white beans, quinoa, cheese and salsa
Here’s the thought:
Our plan is slacking. Forgive me. Everything gets a little upside down when you go away for the weekend (didn’t get to watch Scandal, sleep in, make fun weekend breakfasts OR watch SNL!!), but its always worth it 🙂 Have a great Monday!