So this week I’ll be a single-lady cookin’ for one! Abe is heading to his parent’s house to spend some quality time with them and decompress after the LSAT, so it’ll just be me and the Scoobs. I was playing around with the idea of not meal planning and just using what we had in the kitchen (which is A LOT because of my weekend purchases), but Abe insisted on helping me plan and shop- aww! So we sat down and came up with a plan for just me. But first, last week!
Recap on last week:
To see what the plan was for Week #3, click here.
Here are the meals we made last week:
Starting at Top Left and working Clockwise:
- Friday splurge before the LSAT! Abe specifically chose this meal because it was the night before the LSAT… a combination of TJ’s Sun-dried tomato and Goat Cheese Ravoli and Lobster Ravoli topped with TJ’s marinara sauce and sauteed spinach.
- TJ’s frozen Bean’s-so-Green with additional green beans and Crab Stuffed Flounder
- Abe’s amazing creation! Two bell peppers, one eggplant, 1/2 an onion cooked in TJ’s Masala Simmer Sauce over quinoa with terryaki meatballs
- Dinner flop 😦 Baked chicken tenderloins poorly marinated (wah waaah) with hummus and baked yellow squash
- Cauliflower pizza topped with artichoke antipasto, marinara sauce, spinach and yellow squash. The crust didn’t end up being as crust-y as expected, but it sure was delicious and nutritious!
My plan for this week:
My corresponding shopping list was fairly short since I did so much shopping this weekend. Just a couple things like an avocado, cauliflower, spinach and some lettuce.
I’m so spoiled with Abe cooking almost every dinner so its just ready-to-eat when I get home from the barn each night! This week its all me. I tried to plan for some quick, throw-together nutritious meals that are easy to scale down for one, so we’ll see how it goes. I am looking forward to the leftover lunches though!! Last week my lunches felt super carb heavy so I thought I’d give salads (in addition to leftovers) a try! Bring on the spinach and lettuce. My main problem with salads for lunch is that its hard to pack enough to keep me full… I need bigger tupperware.
Have a great Monday!