Sooo… totally planned on being good and packing food for myself while housesitting, but I didn’t. After my run last night (YAY ME!) I came home and cooked a really quick, filling dinner. I would considered it a scramble, so I guess it could be a breakfast as well, but I personally don’t like eating kale for breakfast. I’m partial to spinach 😉
Kale Dinner Scramble
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 handfuls cut and washed kale
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 2 tbsp dried onions
- shredded cheese
- 3 tbsp oilve oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in sautee pan. Add dried onions.
- Dice bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Add bell peppers to pan once olive oil is warm and onions are toasted.
- Sautee for 3 mins stirring occasionally.
- Add in kale and cover. Cook until kale is wilted and bell pepper is soft, stirring intermittently. Salt once wilted.
- Add in diced tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in beans. Cook until eggs are set.
- Top with cheddar cheese and enjoy!
I ended up making way more than one serving, so I saved the leftovers and ate them for breakfast this morning! Good thing it was vegetable/fiber filled because my day became a lot longer (and less food-filled) than anticipated…
Today we went to a Frisbee competition hosted by the Disc Dogs of the Golden Gate in Dixon. Super close! We ended up staying for 8 HOURS!! The last one we went to was only 3 hours, so we were certainly not expecting this to be an all day event. It was a fun day none the less.
Scooby got so tired by the end of the day. He watches every single competitor and shakes with excitement. He just wants to GO! I can relate – by the end of the day, I was ready to GO (home)!
I didn’t get any good Frisbee catching pictures 😦 I was too busy video-ing their rounds. Abe and Scooby did well (they got 4th out of 13 dogs) but they’re still newbies to competition. Always improve, as Abe always says!
We stopped at our favorite Pedrick’s Produce on the way home and stalked up on fruit and veggies. Its ridiculous how much cheaper locally grown food is than store bought.
- bag of nectarines
- bag of apples
- bag of small plums
- GINORMOUS bag of zucchini
- a watermelon
- bag of avocados
for a whoppin’ $15! Heck. Yes. Its delicious too!
Now I’m off to see the pony and house sit. Tomorrow Abe and I are going into Woodland for breakfast and tennis! Whee, can’t wait 🙂