Happy Friday! I have another quinoa lunch recipe for you today!
I have a love/hate relationship with cottage cheese… love that its protein packed, relatively flavorful and sits well in my tummy. Hate the texture and the flavor after eating it for too many days. Result? I only eat cottage cheese every once and awhile and I try to hide it in a larger dish. With one serving of quinoa left in the fridge, I turned to the cottage cheese. One of my favorite ways to eat cottage cheese is with vegetables and vinegar, so why not add some quinoa in there too?
Cottage Cheese Quinoa
- 1 cup of prepared quinoa (I make mine using a rice cooker)
- 1/4 cup cucumber (3 inches of a hot house cucumber, or 1 Persian cucumber)
- 1/4 cup tomato (1/2 of a medium sized Globe tomato)
- 1/2 cup low/non fat cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Trader Joe’s everyday seasoning
- salt/pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa and let cool.
- Dice cucumber and tomato.
- Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!
I’m housesitting for a professor this weekend, so I have been racking my brain for some portable and easy-keeping recipes. I don’t really care for cooking in other people’s kitchens so I tend to just bring premade meals and snacks. Other than that, Scooby has his third Frisbee competition this weekend! Abe is getting into “competition” mode where no one else can play with the dog. He’s such a protective Dad! 😉 Hopefully I can get some more good pictures/videos of the two of them!
What’s on your agenda this weekend?