I made yet another scramble this morning… they’re my favorite! I had half a potato leftover from last weekend’s scramble and I threw in all the vegetables I had on hand before restocking at the Farmer’s Market. We ended up taking Scooby with us to the Farmer’s Market (even though he can’t walk in) because we feel bad leaving him at home. After a week of no exercise (he injured his nail 😦 ), he was highly stimulated at the market and kept looking at everything… my own personal bodyguard 🙂
But back to the Scramble…
- 1/2 golden potato
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 3 eggs (We just happened to only have double-yolk on hand)
- 3 tbsps dried onion flakes
- grated cheddar cheese
- splash of milk
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- Begin by dicing potato.
- Warm up olive oil in large skillet over Medium heat.
- Once oil is warm, add diced potato and cover skillet. Let cook for at least 3 minutes.
- While potato is cooking, dice tomatoes and prep spinach.
- Stir potatoes and let cook for another 3 minutes. Continue with 3 minute increments until all potatoes are browned on all sides.
- Add onion flakes once potatoes are browned.
- Once onion flakes are toasted, add diced tomatoes. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add in spinach and cover pan. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Mix vegetables. Add eggs and splash of milk. Scramble.
- Cook until eggs set to preferred consistency.
- Serve and top with grated cheese and avocado.
Enjoy! Serves 2.
We then decided to go for an impromptu float down Putah Creek up by Lake Berryessa. It turned into way more of an adventure than planned, but I was glad to have Abe by my side. There were two sets of rapids: the first were pretty mild, but I was still getting into the swing of things, and the second had overhanging trees! There was lots of ducking and tree scratches to be had. I’m not that crazy adventurous, but it was fun other than the trees 🙂
Hope you had a fun Saturday!
Have you ever been floating? What’s your favorite place to float?